Piedmont Newnan Hospital
SENIOR ENGINEER > HVAC TECHNICIAN
Performs tasks required of general maintenance; assists with work assignments of other employees, training of employees and ensuring work assignments are completed and on time.
Senior Engineer/HVAC responsibility is to maintain HVAC systems operational and efficient; maintain equipment documents & logs.
Responsibilities include but limited:
- Chiller Operation & Boiler Operation
- Building Automation System (BAS)
- Generators/emergency power systems
- Motor & Pump & Cooling Towers
The position is a unique and challenging opportunity for the right HVAC technician whom is interested in learning “Healthcare Engineering & Facility Maintenance”.
HVAC/R license or equivalent is required. M-F – 7a – 3:30pm with rotating weekend coverage & on-call is required. (Weekend coverage rotation shared with 10 technicians).
This is a lead role so we are looking for someone to join our team to be a role model.
Applicants can complete online at Piedmont Healthcare Website.
Zack Holt, Director – 770.318.3485
Doug Hall, Manager – 770.400.2900
Competitive Pay & Benefits for this full time position!
Washington County Regional Medical Center
Director of Engineering and Facilities Management
Benefits: Health, vision, dental, long term disability, life insurance Paid Days Off and 403B plan
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, minimum of an associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or 3 to 5 (3-5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Appropriate sized horse power rating for steam generating equipment at hospital.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledge of hospital’s management and utility systems management.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
|Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:|
|Reports to the Chief Executive Officer regarding the physical and structural conditions of hospital facilities and the status of work in progress.|
|Monitors departmental staff matters to include interviewing and the hiring of new staff, training, evaluating work performance, promotion, counseling, discipline and termination. Directs the grievances of employees to the Human Resources Director for final disposition.|
|Develops, evaluates and implements: departmental policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and standards of work for the maintenance and repair of medical equipment, buildings and building systems.|
|Participates in the development and applications of standards of quality and productivity for the Engineering Department.|
|Administers and implements the maintenance program to ensure uninterrupted operation of the entire physical plant. Monitors its applications to assure maximum effectiveness and provides appropriate documentation of the same.|
|Coordinates the repair of equipment or recommends the replacement of or additions to equipment or physical plant as necessary.|
|Works closely with other departments and administration. Negotiates priorities, plans work schedules, makes job assignments, orders needed materials, supplies and parts. Recommends use of outside specialty contractors as circumstances indicate.|
|Schedules and supervises maintenance repair work, alterations, remodeling, minor construction and the checkout, installation and servicing of mechanical and electrical equipment and building systems.